UN-NGLS is delivering a series of policy briefs to the UN General Assembly Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals (OWG on SDGs) presenting civil society recommendations on the subjects in focus during their sessions.
The following policy briefs were produced for the November, December, January and February sessions of the OWG on SDGs:
1) Recommendations on Macroeconomic Issues:
2) Recommendations on Energy:
3) Recommendations on Means of Implementation in the New Global Partnership for Sustainable Development:
4) Recommendations on Human Rights:
5) Recommendations on Global Governance:
6) Recommendations on Sustainable Consumption and Production and Climate Change Mitigation: http://bit.ly/NGLSclimate-scpOWG
7) Recommendations on Women’s Human Rights and Gender Equality:
8) Recommendations on the Ocean and Seas:
The recommendations have been compiled from civil society consultations conducted by UN-NGLS, as described in the introduction of each brief, including:
> A teleconference-based consultation that resulted in the report Advancing Regional Recommendations on the Post-2015 Agenda in 2013;
> An online consultation on four post-2015 reports to the Secretary-General in 2013;
> A teleconference and meeting-based consultation on the UN Secretary-General’s Sustainable Energy for All Initiative in 2012;
> A consultation for the UN Secretary – General’ s High – level Advisory Group on Climate Change Financing (AGF) in 2010;
> A consultation for the Commission of Experts of the President of the UN General Assembly on Reforms of the International Monetary and Financial System in 2009.
> The December 2013-January 2014 online consultation orchestrated by the Addressing Inequalities Networked Alliance (AINA) and co-moderated by UN-NGLS on the issues brief “Promoting Equality, including Social Equity” produced by the UN inter-agency Technical Support Team for the OWG on SDGs.
The full sessions of the OWG on SDGs are broadcast live and available on archive at webtv.un.org. Each day of the session begins with a hearing between civil society Major Groups and other stakeholders and the co-chairs of the OWG on SDGs, from 9:00-10:00am EST.
More information about the OWG on SDGs can be found here.